The popular MOBA Smite has just added a new God to their celestial roster, Olorun. He brings a new culture to the game and also some new gameplay mechanics.
Olorun is the ruler of the heavens, a supreme God, a powerful and mysterious force. He isn’t a God of just one specific thing instead he an all-encompassing symbol of divinity and creation itself.
Olorun’s roots are found in the West African culture. A brand new pantheon — Yoruba — has been added, that originates in West Africa. The mage comes with some powerful and unique gameplay features.
- First Mage in SMITE who’s basic attacks can Critically Hit.
- A charge up ability that increases in range as it charges.
- A new type of stim that charges up an ability that can be referred with the same key, and can be changed over multiple uses of the effect.
- Olorus can also heal allies.
- Intuitive changes to each of his abilities that occur when he is inside his ultimate area.
- and most notably a new ‘time distortion’ field, with extremely interesting interactions across the entire game.